Choose us as your adoption attorney when growing your family.
Adopting a child or going through the legal process of surrogacy can seem daunting when you have to do it on your own, but Hildebrand Law Office, P.C. serves clients from LaFayette, Georgia and surrounding areas and is here to guide you through the process from start to finish. Offering personable service and affordable rates, our adoption lawyer provides you with necessary services to successfully adopt.
As an adoption attorney, we handle many different types of adoptions, including the following:
- DFCS adoptions—We can help you with the adoption process if you intend to adopt a child in the foster care system.
- Relative adoptions—If a child in your family is left without proper care and you want to step up to provide that child with a stable, loving home, we can help you with the adoption process.
- Stepparent adoptions—Through the stepparent adoption process, you can prevent potential custody issues if something were to happen to your spouse.
- Domestication of foreign adoptions—If you adopted your child from a foreign country, domesticating the adoption can provide your child with a U.S. birth certificate.
- Third-party adoptions—A third-party adoption refers to any adoption situation where you adopt a child who is not related to you.
- Adult adoptions—We can guide you through all the necessary steps to formalize an adult adoption.
- Surrogacy of parentage—If you want to grow your family through surrogacy, we can establish the needed legal framework to ensure the success of this arrangement.
We are excited to help you grow your family through the adoption process. To schedule a consultation with our adoption attorney, reach out to our office today.
FAQs About Working With an Adoption Attorney
The process of adoption can be overwhelming, especially if you’re unsure what steps to take next. At Hildebrand Law Office, P.C., we specialize in adoptions and do our best to reduce those overwhelming feelings by answering your questions and concerns. Some of the questions we’re asked most often are listed below.
What is an adoption attorney, and how do they help people?
Our adoption attorneys help families navigate the legal steps of completing an adoption. Our team handles various types of proceedings, from DFCS adoptions to third-party adoptions and more.
When should I think about getting an adoption attorney?
Talking to an adoption attorney as soon as possible in the adoption process is a good idea to learn about the legal requirements and options that apply to your case.
What are the main things that an adoption attorney does?
We help people going through the adoption process understand what steps are needed. We also file formal documents, represent them in court when required, and make sure the rules are followed for a successful adoption.
What kinds of documents are needed for an adoption?
The documents needed may vary from case to case, but in general, we will file an adoption petition, consent forms, adoption agreements, and finalization papers.
Can an adoption attorney help with adoptions that are being disputed or delayed?
As long as the adopted parents’ rights and best interests are protected, yes, an adoption attorney can help with contested adoptions or delays that may occur during the adoption process. If this is the case for you, contact our team to see how we can help.