Domestication of Foreign Adoptions, LaFayette, GA

HomeAdoptions & Surrogacy, LaFayette, GADomestication of Foreign Adoptions, LaFayette, GA

We can help you domesticate a foreign adoption.

Did you adopt a child from a foreign country? This can be a wonderful way to grow your family and give a child who needs a good home a place to grow and thrive. But after finalizing your adoption, your child will only have a birth certificate or an official recognition of their birth from their birth country.

Domestication of Foreign Adoptions in LaFayette, Georgia

If you want to domesticate your foreign adoption and provide your child with a U.S. birth certificate, turn to us at Hildebrand Law Office, P.C. Our adoption attorney has helped many families from LaFayette, Georgia and the surrounding areas with the domestication of foreign adoptions. If you have looked into the process for domestication of foreign adoptions and want to complete this process, we encourage you to reach out to us.

Because our law firm has experience with the domestication of foreign adoptions, we are familiar with navigating the legal process necessary to obtain all required documentation. This allows us to streamline the process and provide families with needed documentation in a timely manner. Once completed, your child will have a U.S. birth certificate, which they can use for the rest of their life.

We would be happy to answer any questions you have about domestication of foreign adoptions and to help your family with all aspects of this process. To learn more about domesticating a foreign adoption or to speak with our adoption attorney, contact our office today.

FAQs About Domestication of Foreign Adoptions

The adoption process is a wonderful way to grow your family. At Hildebrand Law Office, P.C., we help families with the legal steps they need to take to finalize adoptions, as well as the domestication of a foreign adoption. Through the years, we’ve been asked many questions about this, some of which we’ve answered below. If you are beginning the process of adoption, whether you’re adopting from foster care or internationally, reach out to our team to gain the information you need.

What is the domestication of a foreign adoption?

When you adopt a child from another country, you can file to get a new adoption decree or court order in their home country through a formal process called “domestication of a foreign adoption.” This step provides you with a U.S. birth certificate.

Why do adopted parents choose to take the steps required for domestication of a foreign adoption?
Adoptive parents choose to file for domestication for several reasons, such as:

  • Legal Recognition.To make sure the adoption is recognized legally in the U.S.
  • Access to Services.To get the same government benefits, medical care, and school services that children who are adopted from within the United States typically get
  • Name Change.A required step to legally change your adopted child’s name
  • Birth Certificate.As mentioned above, domestication is needed to obtain a new birth certificate that lists you as the child’s legal parent.
In general, how long does the process take?

The length of time it takes varies depending on the situation. Over the years, we’ve helped countless parents with the process and can provide you with a more definitive timeline once we’ve met to discuss your case.

At Hildebrand Law Office, P.C., we assist clients with domestication of foreign adoptions in LaFayette, Kensington, Rising Fawn, Ringgold, Fort Oglethorpe, and Trenton, Georgia.