Divorce is a life-changing, complex process. At Hildebrand Law Office, we have experience in helping you navigate the legal process to ensure your rights are protected every step of the way in uncontested divorce cases. Look to us for respectful, resourceful work that gets results.
What steps do we take in an uncontested divorce proceeding?
- First, we schedule an initial meeting, where we will review initial information to prepare your legal filing.
- Second, we draft the legal complaint for divorce, separation agreement, acknowledgment and waiver.
- Third, we have both parties come in and sign the necessary paperwork.
- Fourth, we file the paperwork with the Clerk of Court.
- In the final step, 31 days after paperwork is filed with the Clerk of Court, we take the divorce proceeding to court on the next available court day. The hearing is usually short; clients usually can answer “yes” to most questions. As uncontested divorce proceedings are scheduled first on court days, clients are usually in and out within 45 minutes.
The service fee for a divorce is only $650 and includes all additional fees and court costs.
To get started, please download and complete the following form. You may then email or bring the completed form in person.